POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The other 13,400 pieces (plus 100,000-or-so you may have seen before) : Re: The other 13,400 pieces (plus 100,000-or-so you may have seen before) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The other 13,400 pieces (plus 100,000-or-so you may have seen before)
From: MichaelJF
Date: 14 Aug 2013 15:45:01
Message: <web.520bdd6357607c6e15620aa60@news.povray.org>
"s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:
> "Shay" <non### [at] nonecom> wrote:
>
> > This is my entry. It's cropped for the tc-rtc. It's meant to be cropped. As
> > a still, it's better cropped. But I'm giving you the full scrollbar-driven
> > animated tour. Hand-coded on my Model(er)-M.
> >

> Wow! that is a masterpiece, I now feel like I need to purchase a 6ft monitor so
> I can really appreciate all the detail without the need to scroll down. Aside
> from the obvious amount of time/effort that has gone into the pagoda the
> atmospheric effects with the clouds/media really add to the image and are also
> fantastic.
>
> My only criticism is you should have saved it for the CSG sub-round as I don't
> think anything could beat it (that is if a hand-coded mesh would be allowed in
> this round?).
>
> Great image.
>
> Sean

Yes, I really second Sean, this is a masterpiece. The only drewback is it's
size. For voting I like to have the whole picture at the screen to get an
overall impression. That is why I always use a resolution of 1280*720 since it
should fit into a modern monitor of 1920*1080 resolution without the need of
scrolling (it's simply 3/4 of the monitor size).

A second issue is the meeting of the topic, which you stress here very heavily.
I did the same in the past but not at this scale IMO.

Best regards,
Michael